Farming history and the British landscape
Farming in Britain has a long history. We can only address a few
- An introduction to the history of farming
- and why Britain looks like it
farming changes affect birdlife
- A comprehensive assessment of
the last 200 years and the interaction between farming practices and
wildlife - with particular reference to wild bird populations.
- The Ox, once the draught animal of choice
- They were in use in
Britain until the 1940s but what happened to them and why? A short note.
- Water Meadows
- The lush pastures of the river valleys.