Livestock and Crops
Nearly everything you eat comes from the farm
A great many different crops are grown on the farm. Almost
everything you eat started on a farm somewhere. Here we tell you a
little about some of them.
- Grass - the invisible crop
grass there would be very few animals.
- Wheat makes modern civilisation possible.
- Barley, animal feed and brewer's raw material.
- Oilseed Rape
- The distinctive yellow flower produces more than just cooking oil.
- Breeds of Livestock
- In less that 300
years farm animals have been developed from unimproved semi-wild beasts to
highly efficient food producers.
- Animal diseases
- A look at the animal disease situation and food scares.
- How many animals?
- Recent figures
detailing how many animals there are on British farms.